Prenatal yoga first trimester plus morning sickness relief. This pregnancy yoga class is ideal for your first trimester of pregnancy when you have morning sickness. This gentle class combines movement, acupressure to for nausea relief, and natural remedies for morning sickness to cure morning sickness.
FREE RESOURCES DISCUSSED IN VIDEO:
***FREE e-Book: The Ultimate List of Tools and Techniques To Cope With Pain In Labor
***Weekly Meal Plan for Pregnancy (for healthy weight gain and to reduce the risk of gestational diabetes by a Registered Dietitian):
Natural Remedies and Acupressure For Morning Sickness Relief:
1. Avoid getting too hungry. Try regular meals and snack and even try having something small 20-30 min before you have to get out of bed.
2. Keep blood sugar levels stable by limiting processed and refined foods, white flour and sugars. Also including protein, fiber (in fruit, vegetables, and whole grains) at meals.
3. Limit high-fat foods which can slow down digestion and increase nausea.
4. Limit caffeine which can trigger nausea.
5. Avoid foods that trigger your nausea. Fish and the cruciferous vegetables (broccoli and Brussel sprouts) are common triggers, but may also be non-food items like flowers or leather or any other strong scent.
6. Try bland foods. Foods that are often tolerated well are rice, oats, fruit, cooked milk vegetables like carrots and squash, soups and bone broth.
7. Cool or room temperature foods may be tolerated more than hot foods. Ask for help with cooking and food preparation if it’s difficult to prepare food.
8. Try drinking fluids between meals rather than with your meals.
9. Ginger and Peppermint have anti-nausea benefit. Try ginger or peppermint tea or a peppermint chocolate smoothie. You can simply put slices of ginger in hot water. Gingerale does NOT contain real ginger so it won’t be helpful and is high in sugar.
10. Try taking your prenatal vitamin before bed or with a meal or discuss just taking folate with your doctor if it’s making you too nauseated.
11. Try not to get over-tired or stressed. Both fatigue and stress can increase nausea.
Essential Oils that are good for morning sickness: Cammomile, Lavender, Ginger, and Peppermint
12. Try relaxing in forward fold with your head resting on block (or a book) pressing on the space just above your eyes (your third eye)
13. Try acupressure wrist bands
14. Avoid lying down right after eating. Also laying on your left side may help nausea.
15. Can massage around xiphoid process between ribs for nausea relief (see the video)
16. Can pulse on the inside of your wrists between the tendons where the vein crosses for nausea relief (see the video)
MORE FREE RESOURCES:
***Free Diastasis Recti Healing Guide for Postpartum:
***The best 4 diets to for weight loss (includes a description, food list of each with 4 types of meals plans by a registered dietitian with recipes)
Disclaimer: This is general information only and not to replace individualized medical advice. Always consult your doctor, midwife or healthcare professional for advice about your labor.
This prenatal yoga first trimester video can be for prenatal yoga first trimester for beginners or prenatal yoga first trimester intermediate or prenatal yoga first trimester advanced. It includes exercises for morning sickness in pregnancy and back pain.